Thursday, January 17, 2013

You don't call, you don't write...


It's been a long time!

Back in May 2010 I posted part one of the story about my Windy Westcoast Weekend. Mysteriously the second part never arrived. In truth, I got lazy and the backlog of events got too much and this blog got left behind. Time to time I have come back to the site and thought about getting going again but only to then get waylaid again. But now, thanks to no public demand what so ever, I'm back!

Probably the real reason I'm trying again is a mix of causes. Primary among them is that as more and more friends start their own blogs it has made me wistful for my own. Another is that my fitness and running has taken a hit over the last 18 months and being held accountable, if even only to myself, by writing down my hopes, plans and goals to a larger audience, may keep me on track.

The concept to keep me honest and to not overwhelm you with information is to post once a week on a Sunday evening, with special editions if the occasion warrants it. Oh and if I see a film... or do a race... or see something funny, oh sod it, I'll post when I do and you can all pretend to be reading it, by ticking like on Facebook and quickly blocking my feed.

If you ever read my previous posts you know I have been guilty of being slightly verbose and generally going on a bit. I thought about trying to curb this habit but frankly anyone who has ever had the joy of spending anytime with me knows, I talk a lot too so why wouldn't I write the same. Feel free to skim.

So I guess a quick update is in order to get you all up to date on where I'm at. I hope to be adding a few posts about races I've done over the last couple of years so details to follow on them but the basics are:

  • Met Julia and fooled her into dating me. 
  • Ate a lot.
  • Drank an equivalent amount.
  • Gained great new friends
  • Lost touch with some old friends (rectifying this egregious error) 
  • Became an ultrarunnner (running more than a 26.2 mi/42.2 km) No getting lost during a marathon does not count.
  • Found and made a new home with Julia (I can't take too much credit for this one)
  • Ran a bit.
  • Traveled as much as I could.

I'll leave it there for now. I'm back in Britain for 2 weeks for work which means I will have lots of time on trains, planes and automobiles for writing and catching you up more fully on past and present adventures.

I hope every now and again to provide not only a distraction for you from looking at cat videos (I'll post more soon) but maybe give you some night time reading to put you to sleep.

As for Windy Westcoast Weekend: Part 2, I'll work on finishing it off as there was an amusing occurrence with my then new bicycle which I would like to impart with you and also the thrilling outcome of the 2010 BMO Vancouver Half Marathon Beer bet.

Until next time, adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment