Friday, April 23, 2010

Nap Time!

Well the last few days have been a bit stressful. I discovered a nasty little error in my programming for work and have been pretty much awake since then trying to fix it. Well I have had a few power naps in between but you get the idea. Without trying to bore you, the problem was connected to something called Web Services which I have had very little to do with up until know and to be honest I'll be happy if that trend continues. In theory they are very simple little things that allow companies to exchange data behind the scenes so the service you get seems like it is all coming from one place but in fact could be getting information from all over the shop. In the end I put the call out for help and Martin went to bat for me and solved the problem, Basically some files were out of date on my machine and all I need to do was update to the new version, there were a few other minor things but that is what it boiled down too. Computers, Grrrrrr.

Luckily there have been some bright spots too. Thursday saw some very nice spring sun come to Vancouver. The club run was great, just what I need to clear out my head and since it was such a perfect evening, we ran out to Jericho Beach, allowing us to follow the coast line pretty much all the way out and back. People were playing volleyball on Kits Beach and the view across the inlet from Jericho was stunning. Snow capped Mountains behind sandy beaches with forest trails framing the picture, what more could you want?

After Martin sorted out my annoying little glitch today I decided to celebrate in one of my favourite ways, I headed to the movies. Today's' film of choice was The Losers. It is another film conversion of a graphic novel. After I saw Watchmen I felt quite disheartened by this genre but with Kick-Ass last week and now this one, I am coming back around to the idea. The Losers is about a group of soldiers who are betrayed by a shadowy organisation set out on world evil and chaos. It was a little like the A-Team but very cool and funny. It will be interesting to see how the actual A-Team film compares later in the year.

After a little nap when I got back I headed to the gym to carry on with my speed training for the Vancouver 10k Sun Run. After 6 reps of 1k at about 10-15 secs faster than my goal pace I am starting to feel that I'm making some progress. I'm hoping to run the course before race day so I have an idea of it and so I know what I'm facing and how the two bridges will feel.

I've actually got quite an action packed weekend hopefully so I should have some activities to report on soon. Right, off to bed, early start in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment