Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Past Few Days

To finish off my splurge of blog writing for the day I will just do very quick recap of recent activities.

Over the weekend I started off my 10k training plan for the Sun Run on May 9th. My first run back on the treadmill for a while went well and the speed felt pretty good so here is to hoping that the next few weeks go as well.

Saturday night was a trip to the cinema to see Kick-Ass. Definitely not a kids film. A touch of Tarantino-esque violence and some humour and action thrown in for good measure. A film I would happily recommend if you like that genre of movie.

Sunday morning had me up early again but not as bad as the last couple of weeks. Some friends from PRR headed out on the trails up in Lynn Canyon. It was my first trail run in a few months and my first real go with new trail running shoes, Montrail Masochists. The shoes did a great job and the weather turned out well, we did a lap around Rice lake and then up through the long Lynn trail. Going through the trees and streams and over the rocks was amazing fun and it would have been an awesome morning if it weren't for the fact that Ed who was just ahead of me, stepped badly onto a rock and turned his ankle. From my view point it looked quite nasty and from the colour of Ed's face he felt just as bad. Fortunately we weren't to far from the end and through a combination of people helping and Ed limping, we got him back to the car.

Tuesday's club run was fun, with me trying to keep up my pace not going brilliantly but still fair and the new guy Ben running us all into the ground. Also Sarah has caved and now joined Barry, Sukhi, Ross, Ed, Jackie, Bill, myself and others by purchasing a Garmin. With all the GPS going on in the club now, we will have all of Vancouver mapped in no time.

Today I popped out for the cheap matinee showing of How to Train Your Dragon 3-D. It is a good fun kids film but saying that there were only adults in the audience when I was there :)

While I'm still not 100% convinced by 3-D it definitely works well with this film and I'm just amazed at how far animation has come. Really amazing.

With 9 days to go with the vegetarian month I have been putting some though tin what May we hold in store for me, I have some ideas and will let you know when I have chosen a good option. Although if anyone has suggestions I will gladly listen. I did like the idea of having done a month on no meat maybe I should do a month with no vegetables :)

One last thought for the day is that I'm toying with the idea of trying to set-up my own 5k race near to where I live. I have been thinking about it for a while and I'm intrigued to see what is involved. Will update you if I pursue this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment